Trademark Attorneys are specialist legal professionals qualified to advise clients about protecting and enforcing their trademark rights. By providing legal support on the registration, use and exploitation of new and existing trademarks, Trademark Attorneys ensure that clients successfully protect the identity and integrity of their brands. Trademark Attorneys may also advise clients about other intellectual property issues, such as copyright, registered designs and licensing.
Depending on whether a Trademark Attorney works for private clients or is employed by a company his/her main tasks are:
- manage, protect and enforce portfolios of trademarks, copyright, designs and/or domain names
- advise on the legal aspects of marketing new goods or services and their introduction into the market place
- research new trademarks and advise on availability by carrying out national and international searches
- oversee all procedural details of trademark and design registrations
- negotiate in trademark disputes and take action on trademark infringement
- monitor existing and proposed trademarks
- handle renewals of trademark and design registrations.
- Law office
University studies in law with a specialization in trademark law
Abitur (secondary school 12th / 13th grade)
Proficient language skills in German and English in writing and speaking